Sunday, November 1, 2009

today's lesson

Today I learned that saying you're going to save for a rainy day or even wanting to do it really bad is not the same as actually doing it. Putting money aside for things like car repairs is a must, not a suggestion.

After learning this though, I went to church where I also learned that:
  • Money deceives us when we think of it as our security, our signifigance, and our satisfaction
  • Obsession about money brings worry and fear, a state of discontentment, and examples of compromise
  • And it's not what we have, but what we enjoy that constitutes our abundance

Therefore after stressing hard about money today, I also had to take a step back and look at it from God's perspective. Am I doing everything I need to be doing with what He gives me and am I acknowledging the abundance in the midst of my lack of excess?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment