Friday, December 4, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

Christmas????
..................................maybe but I know my house looks more like wrapping paper rolls, ornaments the cat knocked off the tree and soot by the fireplace - AGH - where does the time go?

With four kids, keeping a clean house is a full time job.

So, you know what I did?

A chore list - yup - for me. A chore list for mom.

I have one for each of my kids and although they pretty much have it memorized now, they still check the list on the fridge when they get done to make sure they didn't miss anything.
It's amazing what we can learn from our kids. I wanted something to check too, (besides the scraps of paper I call list floating aimlessly around the house)

So I made a pretty little list with my parts of Proverbs 31 on the bottom (for inspiration) and put it on the fridge.

Today I still have mirrors and faucets to clean, budget to do and sheets to change.. oh and pick up the ornaments and sweep up the soot - better get busy!



*"She works with her hands, she gets up while it is still dark, she sets about hr work vigorously, her arms are strong for her tasks, she is clothed with strength and dignity and can laugh at the days to come, she speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction on her tongue, she watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness, her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also and he praises her."*

No comments:

Post a Comment