Wednesday, May 6, 2009

National Day of Prayer



SO..... it's that day of the year again. National Day of Prayer. The day that we swear we're going to meet up at church and join in on some powerful prayer group or that we're going to spend an extra hour and pray for everyone you know. BUT, this year WILL be different, at least for me.

Maybe I won't actually follow through with some huge commitment but I can commit to pray. To earnestly, fervently pray to our God.


I can commit to talking to our kids about the National Day of Prayer and encouraging them to tell others.


I can pray with them tomorrow before school and at night for anything they need prayer for.

These little things may not seem big to some or get my name in the church bulletin, (LOL) but I believe in the power of prayer and I believe BiG things happen when even little people pray.

So why should we pray? We pray to honor our heavenly Father and to call upon Him to fulfill our needs. God works amazing wonders when His people call on Him in prayer and we draw closer to Him in doing so.


What needs do you have? What do you need to ask for in Christ's name today?
Call upon His name and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Read Matthew 7:7-8, Philippians 4:19, Philippians 4:6,


Father, I come to you tonight asking for healing in my body and claiming that healing in your name. Lord I ask for peace for my family members, especially my children as mommy heals. Lord, let them know that Mommy will be fine and back to caring for them soon.
Lord, I ask that you continue to cover my children in your protection as they enter the world each day with new challenges and expectations. Father let them always remember YOU in all that they do.
Father, encourage my family and myself each day in Your word and Your power. Let us be challenged by You to do Your good work.
Lord I ask that you make me a better person each day. Show me my weaknesses and open me up to accepting You to come in and rid me of my sin. I come to You knowing I am a sinner and asking forgiveness and awareness in those areas of my life.
Lord I ask that You reach down and touch the ones who do not know You and reveal in their hearts a need to have You in
their lives. God I claim victory for Your kingdom and pray that America becomes a Christ centered nation.

Lord, You are all powerful and I am honored to be called Your child. May those around us see you through us.
I love You Jesus,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment