Monday, June 8, 2009

Today's Tip - organizing kitchen cabinets


Has your husband or some other nice, caring individual ever tried to help you with dishes and you cringe from the sidelines as you watch them put your children's sippy cup son the shelf with the glasses?

I have - I know to some of you this sounds foreign but many of you ladies know exactly what I'm talking about.


Today I decided to do something about it - in the hopes that just maybe with layouts like this, nothing will end up in the wrong place.

I remembered seeing a child's workbench with the outline drawings of where the tools went and decided to incorporate that idea into my kitchen cabinets. I outlined where the pots go, the pans, etc and then in the circle wrote "skillets". Then in another cabinet - the pitchers, tupperware, and etc.. cabinet, I just wrote what goes where - i.e. - if you open this door, pitchers go on the bottom, large food storage containers go on the top shelf.

I like it and think it will work for the time being - until I get some other fabulous idea. It's in pencil anyway so I can change it when I decide to move things around.

Hope this helps somebody. Comment and let me know what you think :)




Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a beat of MooreGirlyMom!

siggie for blog

No comments:

Post a Comment